happy valentine's day... a post on self-love.

today, i am committing to self-love. i whole-heartedly believe it's only when we truly love ourselves that we are then able to exude positive energy outward... and rather than searching externally to fill that deficiency we have to first direct our focus inward. by no means am i claiming to be a yogi or saint... but positive vibes attract positive tribes! :)

“love yourself. accept yourself. forgive yourself. and be good to yourself... because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.” leo f. buscaglia

as with any young adult growing into their own skin, i was confronted with many challenges in regard to who i was, who i wanted to be, and who i was developing into. and it's only been within the last 4-5 years that i've been able to really embrace my shortcomings and appreciate my strengths, to the point where a sense of peace has naturally surfaced enabling me to spiritually grow and develop a more compassionate love for myself and others.

symptoms include, but are not limited to:
  • a tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences
  • an unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
  • a loss of interest in judging other people
  • a loss of interest in judging self
  • a loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
  • a loss of interest in conflict
  • a loss of the ability to worry
  • frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation
  • contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature
  • frequent attacks of smiling - sometimes even through your heart :)
  • an increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen
  • an increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it

oh - and yes... kind gestures help me sustain health in my heart, while gentle thoughts allow love for my outward body. om. _/|\_

7 comments:

  1. I'm really excited about this! I've been dying to get into yoga lately, and my week has been... well, hectic to say the least. I think this is just what I need :)
    xo Heather
    http://ahopelessnotebook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited about starting this, let's get off to a good start today!

    xo, Megan
    gingerly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Totally joining!

    Been needing to get off my tush and work off the bags of potato chips I've been inhaling lately.

    I'll start off with a Zumba class tonight.

    ♥ Duckie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loooooooooooove this.

    great blog!

    love, rach.
    www.so--hi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to meet you Dorothy and your blog. I love that we can connect with such a beautiful thing.....self love! Let's be friends :)

    southjenni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad I read your blog today and found this great link-up. I am so excited to join and to learn how to rejuvenate my mind and body - and how to make the time to do just that!

    In response to your question on my blog - I ordered the 50mm lens from a local camera shop. They are hard to keep in stock and had to be ordered everywhere we went! It's definitely worth researching and ordering...it's amazing. You shouldn't have to spend more than $115 - what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! I am so psyched that you stopped by my blog today ... leading me to yours :) Adore all of the self-love. Women can do so much for each other when we stand together :)

    xxCat

    ReplyDelete